THATCamp HBCU Online Store
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.
Follow us on Twitter! (#Thatcamp #hbcu)
- Barona casino accident - Slots galaxy google play - Troy Tropolitan August 18, 2017
- 5 Questions: Is your child addicted to technology? - Philly.com August 18, 2017
- Dear Students, Don't Be a Commodity - RealClearEducation August 16, 2017
- High-tech US plants offer jobs even as the laid-off struggle - CNBC August 15, 2017
- This Technology Could Stop the World's Deadliest Animal - Mother Jones August 14, 2017
- How a Google ad inspired me to discover the father I lost when I was young - The Boston Globe August 1, 2017
- Silicon Valley is 3rd most educated region in America, study says - The Mercury News July 25, 2017
- We Need More, Not Fewer, Collaborations With Tech Companies - The Chronicle of Higher Education July 24, 2017
- Technology is transforming what happens when a child goes to school - The Economist July 20, 2017
- How Google Took Over the Classroom - New York Times May 15, 2017
- Assistant Professor
- Fort Valley State University
I love people, meeting people, talking to people, and learning about people. I worked in social services for nearly 20 years viewing it as a ministry and not just a job. I enjoy telling people that I put myself out of a job in 2001. The social service agencies in Illinois, collaborated to cut the number of children in foster care in half. We achieved our goal finding permanency ( long term permanent living situations with families). As a trainer, I no longer had social workers to train. I miss the people, the families, and the learning. I continue to learn about people and the human condition through my students and clients. My latest interest has been about social connectedness through social supports (provisions). These help to stave off psychological distress. My second has been womanist perspectives. My father didn't embrace me when I told him I wanted to be a preacher. I eulogized my grandmother. While some have talked about the "evils" of technology, I see the advantages of connecting people of similar religions, schools of thoughts, and hobbies. Technology allows us to play and some of us overachievers don't always play enough. The wii has allowed me to ski without embarrassment or run and exercise without concern about what I am wearing. I re energize by being around people but as a moderate Extrovert, i sometimes have to have down time to regroup. I have never met a stranger and I think there's research in that. What creates people who will have a lengthy conversation with strangers?