THATCamp HBCU Online Store
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.
Follow us on Twitter! (#Thatcamp #hbcu)
- Internet2 Global Summit Convenes Technology Leaders from Research and Education in Washington D.C. - Odessa American February 21, 2019
- Is This the End of the Anglosphere? - Bloomberg February 21, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Education Market in North America to grow at 60% - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com February 20, 2019
- New U.S. Census data shows that immigrant-owned tech firms are more innovative - Yahoo Finance February 20, 2019
- Innovators & Disruptors: The 2019 Tech 25 - Washington Life Magazine February 14, 2019
- Ripple Expands Blockchain University Initiative With Partners in US, China & Singapore - Cointelegraph February 7, 2019
- In higher education, the positives outweigh the negatives - UC Riverside January 29, 2019
- Author discusses new book defending the quality of American higher education - Inside Higher Ed January 25, 2019
- The Tech Education Con - Jacobin magazine January 13, 2019
- Is This Higher Education's Golden Age? - The Chronicle of Higher Education January 9, 2019
- Reference and Subject Librarian
- Georgia Tech Library
- Website: www.library.gatech.edu
- Twitter: @reannon
I've been a librarian at Georgia Tech since 1988, and have always had an interest in technology. This has included organizing programs that included nationally-known library technology gurus such as Karen Schneider and Marshall Breeding. I am now part of the Faculty Engagement Department in the Georgia Tech Library, and we are charged with outreach and developing services for faculty and graduate students. Several of our classes discuss tools for improving academic workflow. I teach courses on current awareness tools, finding data (particularly in the social sciences), and essential resources for grad students.
I bought a Nook Color last year, and my already high rate of reading - I don't have a life - has increased. I joined LibraryThing in late 2006 and use it to catalog the books I've read. This year I should pass the 1000 book mark (pun intended). This last weekend I read the sequel to Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night. Started Saturday afternoon and finished at 6:30 am Sunday morning. Now that's biblioholism!
I am also part of the crazy cat lady librarian meme, though currently have only one cat. Cats invented the internet, you know.