THATCamp HBCU Online Store
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.
Follow us on Twitter! (#Thatcamp #hbcu)
- Overnight Finance: Senate begins budget debate | McCain to vote yes | Cochran returns | Bannon becomes threat to ... - The Hill October 17, 2017
- Google Promises to Invest $1 Billion to Train Workers for High-Tech Jobs - Sanvada Tech News (blog) October 17, 2017
- Apprenticeships important part of workforce development governors say at Oklahoma City workshop - NewsOK.com October 17, 2017
- UVM honored for leadership in alcohol abuse prevention - Vermont Biz October 16, 2017
- How the 25 greatest stories ever told would be ruined by technology - New Statesman October 13, 2017
- 'Null States' and Our Postsecondary Obsession with Big Data - Inside Higher Ed (blog) October 2, 2017
- Online colleges: The future of the university is in the cloud — Quartz - Quartz September 27, 2017
- America Wasn't Built for Humans - New York Magazine September 19, 2017
- We Need More, Not Fewer, Collaborations With Tech Companies - The Chronicle of Higher Education July 24, 2017
- How Google Took Over the Classroom - New York Times May 15, 2017
- Assistant Professor
- Savannah State University
- Twitter: @LewismiS
I am Assistant Professor of English (Composition and Rhetoric) at Savannah State University, where I also coordinate the first-year composition program.
I teach composition, advanced composition, rhetoric and American Literature. My research interests include the history and theory of composition, the organic metaphor of writing, disciplinary history, and professionalism.
I love reading Nicholas Carr with my students in all of my writing classes. His work really paves the way for how we engage with the technology debate. He is second only to Denis Baron and his essay, "From Penicils to Pixels."
I hope to engage in this exciting program!