THATCamp HBCU Online Store
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.
Follow us on Twitter! (#Thatcamp #hbcu)
- Internet2 Global Summit Convenes Technology Leaders from Research and Education in Washington D.C. - Odessa American February 21, 2019
- Is This the End of the Anglosphere? - Bloomberg February 21, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Education Market in North America to grow at 60% - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com February 20, 2019
- New U.S. Census data shows that immigrant-owned tech firms are more innovative - Yahoo Finance February 20, 2019
- Innovators & Disruptors: The 2019 Tech 25 - Washington Life Magazine February 14, 2019
- Ripple Expands Blockchain University Initiative With Partners in US, China & Singapore - Cointelegraph February 7, 2019
- In higher education, the positives outweigh the negatives - UC Riverside January 29, 2019
- Author discusses new book defending the quality of American higher education - Inside Higher Ed January 25, 2019
- The Tech Education Con - Jacobin magazine January 13, 2019
- Is This Higher Education's Golden Age? - The Chronicle of Higher Education January 9, 2019
- Associate Professor
- Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Website: gsu.academia.edu/KenjaMcCray
- Twitter: KMcCr5
I have a B.A. from Spelman College and an M.A. from Clark Atlanta University. Both degrees are in history. I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in history at Georgia State University. My areas of interest are African Americans, Africa and the diaspora, transnational histories, women, class and social history. I am also an associate professor of history at Atlanta Metropolitan College (a PBI). I teach U.S. and African American history, mostly in the online format. I have a passion for educating people about history which has followed me from my days as a museum docent to the digital classrooms of Atlanta Metro.
I understand the ways in which technology has opened access to education for many people who (like full-time working parents or mothers who are about to give birth) might not have otherwise been able to pursue or continue their education. I am very committed to providing a quality and satisfying experience in the online history classroom. Therefore, I am interested in broadening my knowledge of the digital humanities.